Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Easy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

Our local rotisserie chicken place is boasting about their new sliders. Being HUGE fans of White Castle, we rolled in through the drive thru to try these babies and see what all the hoopla is all about. 3 sliders for 2.99. So basically $1 per slider. Rip off, but the boys were "so hungry" and I needed to get to the next errand, so I caved and ordered the BBQ Chicken & Cheese sliders.

I should have known when I grabbed the bag from the nice young man that we were in trouble. IT WAS COLD! I don't know where you come from, but in my town, they are supposed to be HOT, piping HOT. Anyhoo, after I got over my shock, we split em up and ate the whole 3 of them. They were good, but they needed to be .. HOT.

The oldest mentioned they were kinda tasty, so of course he wanted more, but don't even think mama was making a u-turn to go back and get another batch of COLD sandwiches. So I decided to go home and make them myself and then you know they would be ... HOT!

I know, I know, that is quite a bit of dialogue to get to my SIMPLE recipe, but I've never been one for short conversations :)

So here it is ...

Chicken (cut, chopped, sliced, or shredded) It can come from breasts you cooked OR bought at Sam's/Costco, but NOT out of a can ... cause ... Ewwww
Thinly sliced onion
Thinly sliced bell pepper (red, green & yellow for color/presentation)
BBQ Sauce, you made or bought
Hamburger Buns

Take the the chicken and place it in a bowl. Saute the veggies (5mins tops) and then add the bell peppers & onions to the chicken and stir in BBQ sauce. Place on buns and add some kettle chips, cole slaw or french fries and eat until you have to go in the den to get away from the table.

I would have taken a photo, but yes, you guessed in, Son #1 ate every last available spoonful.

Gotta love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me ...